Enterprise System Catalog
Senate Bill 272
Approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.