Sup. Luis Plancarte
County of Imperial
County of Imperial
Phone: (760) 265-1020
Supervisor Luis Plancarte was elected to represent the Second District of Imperial County in November 2016 and took office in January 2017.
Imperial County’s Second District includes a large portion of the City of El Centro, portions of west Calexico and the communities of Heber, Ocotillo, Nomirage, Coyote Wells, Yuha Basin and Painted Gorge. Imperial County’s Second District is bordered to the south by over 30 miles of Mexico’s International Border and to the west by the County of San Diego, California.
Well-known and respected in the fields of Corporate Social Responsibility, Human Resources and Personal Development, Supervisor Plancarte is known as a sound Businessman, Entrepreneurial Trainer and Educator, a Transformational Life-Career Coach and a Socio-Civic Leader.
Plancarte has proven his commitment to community going back to the 1970’s when he started as a Police Explorer and member of the Boy Scouts. His commitment continues today with his work with non-profits, chambers of commerce, church and several other community building organizations.
He is known for being a consensus builder, fair, honest, transparent and accessible.
As a dedicated family man and community leader, Luis is committed to focusing on countywide issues concerning job creation and economic development; restoration of the Salton Sea, the protection of water rights, improved public roads, enhanced health services, law enforcement and fire protection for all of our communities, fiscal responsibility and improving quality of life. Supervisor Plancarte is known for being a consensus builder, fair, honest, transparent and accessible.
In addition to serving as Vice-Chair of the Board of Supervisors, Plancarte serves on the following Boards and Commissions:
- Southern California Association of Governments, (SCAG) Executive Board;
- California State Association of Counties, (CSAC);
- California Children & Families First Commission;
- San Diego County Association of Governments, (SANDAG) Borders Committee;
- Salton Sea Authority, (SSA) Executive Committee, Treasurer;
- Imperial County Employees Retirement System, (ICERS) Trustee;
- Imperial County Transportation Commission, (ICTC);
- Imperial County Ad-Hoc Community Benefit Funds Committee;
- Imperial County Ad-Hoc Finance Committee;
- Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies (SAFE);
- Imperial Valley Resource Management Agency (IVRMA);
- Local Transportation Authority (LTA);
- Imperial-Mexicali Binational Alliance, (IMBA), Chair;
- In Home Support Services Advisory Council;
- Binational and Baja California related issues.
Luis and his wife Martha, a registered nurse, live in El Centro and have three grown children.