What is the Regional Data Platform?
As one of SCAG’s largest and most transformative initiatives to date, and a signature element of SCAG’s Future Communities Initiative established in 2017, the Regional Data Platform (RDP) is a revolutionary system for collaborative data sharing and planning designed to facilitate better planning at all levels – from cities and counties of all sizes up to the region as a whole.
The RDP places data and technology in the hands of local jurisdictions to support more robust community planning, to provide resources to help solve many of our common challenges, and to align with Connect SoCal’s objectives. As such, the goals of this platform are to:
- Provide access to data, modern tools, and best practices that support stronger planning and information-based decision making at all levels
- Streamline the exchange of data with jurisdictions and partners across the region while establishing procedures and standards for geospatial data consistency
- Establish a community of planners, GIS professionals, and practitioners to foster collaboration and collective learning, as well as guide the long term growth and evolution of the RDP
Accessing the RDP
The RDP is now publicly available and provides access to:
- Modern tools and workflows to streamline local and regional data collection, sharing, and integration to facilitate implementation of SCAG’s Local Data Exchange (LDX) process
- A simple form-based system to request technical assistance from SCAG’s Local Information Services Team (LIST)
- Web-based tools and applications to support planning, analysis, and public engagement
- Authoritative and standardized local and regional planning datasets curated by SCAG
- An extensive library of learning resources and training materials
- A suite of Esri licenses including ArcGIS Online, Pro, Urban, Business Analyst, and Hub
- A growing network of local and regional planners across Southern California
We aim to enable and empower local jurisdictions by providing enhanced data, advanced tools, and extensive resources to support stronger and more integrated local planning toward a healthier, equitable, safer, and more sustainable region. To access all of the abovementioned tools and resources in the RDP, please visit hub.scag.ca.gov or click on the button below.
ACCESS THE RDP
For more information about the Regional Data Platform, contact:
Local Information Services Team email@example.com or Tom Vo firstname.lastname@example.org