We kicked off the first quarterly forum of the Housing Policy Forum Series with a rundown of the challenges, opportunities, and trends in current federal and state housing legislation in Southern California. Get ahead of the curve in understanding how to leverage recent changes in state laws and funding sources to meet local and regional housing needs.
This virtual forum offered an opportunity for participants to get the inside view on federal housing legislation during a special panel conversation with policy leaders as they discussed where we are now, what it means, and what is to come.
|Jennifer LeSar, Moderator
Founder & CEO, Global Policy Leadership Academy and LeSar Development Consultants
Vice President for Housing Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Executive Director, Up for Growth
The event featured a review of current state legislation, policy trends, and a forecast of issues to watch in 2022. Forum participants had the opportunity to:
- Learn how federal housing legislation aligns with state and regional goals to meet housing needs.
- Discuss key themes and current trends in state housing policies and potential impacts.
- Engage with interactive tools to provide input on housing policy priorities.
- Harnessing the American Rescue Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness
- Why Expanding Housing Choice Vouchers is Essential to Ending Homelessness, Housing Financial Services Committee Testimony from Ann Oliva
- Build Back Better Legislation
If you have questions about the Housing Policy Forum Series, please contact: