REAP 2.0 supports expansion of SCAG’s Decision-Making Tools and Technical Assistance, building on the success of the Regional Data Platform to offer added resources to support local planning and opportunities to access big data for planning and performance monitoring related to program objectives. SCAG’s RDP provides data and planning templates and tools to help local jurisdictions update and align various elements of their general plans to advance sustainable planning at the local and regional level, and to meet their 6th Cycle RHNA goals. SCAG seeks to partner with subregional agencies and other partners to expand support and training for local jurisdictions to use the RDP as well as provide additional features and functions to help further.
StreetLight Insight Web App Big Data Platform made possible by REAP 2.0
- The big data platform provides insights into travel behavior trends in an easy-to-use interface. Users can use the platform to support a wide variety of research, planning, and project analysis related to the REAP 2.0 program objectives.
- Uses include analyzing changes in walking, biking, vehicle, and truck volumes, estimating vehicle miles traveled impacts of development projects, evaluating transportation safety changes, and determining changes in local and regional travel patterns. SCAG and Streetlight will provide technical assistance, trainings, and workshops.
- To access the platform, request one of the limited number of licenses at the link below. Usage is limited to uses that are consistent with the REAP 2.0 program objectives to accelerate infill housing, affirmatively further fair housing, and reduce vehicle miles traveled.
*License required to access the platform.
Upcoming New Data Tools
- Disadvantaged Communities (DAC) Active Transportation Planning Toolkit
- Regional Performance Measurements Dashboard
- Transportation Safety Dashboard
- Big Data
- A centralized hub for local jurisdictions to request information, technical assistance, and training
To learn more, contact SCAG’s Local Information Services Team at LIST@scag.ca.gov.