On Sept. 1, 2022, SCAG Regional Council approved the REAP 2021 Subregional Partnership 2.0 Program and Guidelines. The Subregional Partnership (SRP) 2.0 program will allocate $23 million in REAP 2.0 grant funding non-competitive formula allocation based on proportional share of the 6th Cycle RHNA to subregional councils of governments (COGs) for eligible activities supporting member cities and counties implement Housing Element work plans.
The SRP 2.0 program focus on implementing Housing Elements is a means for investing in early actions that will accelerate infill development facilitating housing supply, choice, and affordability; affirmatively furthering fair housing; and reducing vehicle miles traveled across the region. The approach also recognizes Housing Elements represent the local plans for realizing the RHNA and the goals to meet local housing needs. It is SCAG’s intent to support locally identified and approved planning tools and programs.
Eligible applicants for SRP 2.0 program funding are limited to those agencies designated as subregions under the program that submitted an Intent to Apply for Funding Form by the due date of Oct. 14, 2022. Eligible applicants also include member cities designated by an eligible subregional entity. See the “Funding Allocation and Subregional Partnership List” in the SRP 2.0 Program Guidelines for a complete list of eligible subregional partners.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open: April 12
Closed: Wednesday, May 31 at 5 p.m.
Resources are available during the Call for Applications:
- Application Workshop
Held on April 19, 2023. Recording available upon request.
- Weekly Office Hours
20-min meetings with SCAG staff.
- Group Office Hours
Tuesday, May 16 at 10 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday, May 23 at 2 – 3 p.m.
- For Support with Questions
Please contact Zacharias Gardea, Associate Regional Planner at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
The completed application and all required attachments must be submitted by email to email@example.com with “SRP 2.0 Application” in the subject line. An emailed drop box link is also acceptable.
Application Package includes:
- (Completed and Signed, for the project list as a whole)
- Section 5. (For each project)
- Section 6. (For each project)
- Section 6. Project area maps. The Individual Project Description link above provides information on creating and saving the maps. (3 maps are required (minimum). 1) Map of how the project area meets the infill definition; 2) Map of Priority Growth Areas (PGAs) in and near the project area; 3) Map of Priority Populations supported by the project(s) proposed)
- Letter of Support (from a third-party organization that the project meets local housing needs)