Summary of Benefits
- $9,600 annually for medical costs
- Dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, provided by SCAG
- Vision insurance premiums for employee and dependents, provided by SCAG
- 2% at 62 CalPERS retirement
- 457 plan, matching contribution for management
- No Social Security
- $50,000 life insurance for employees
- $100,000 life insurance for supervisors
- $150,000 life insurance for managers
- Short and long term disability
- 2% -10% annual merit increase, no cost of living increases
- Professional membership reimbursement of $300 annually
- Transit reimbursement – up to $230 monthly
- Tuition reimbursement $5,472 annually for eligible employees
- Auto allowance for some executive managers
Regional Council Compensation
Summary of Regional Council Stipend and Travel Reimbursement Policy
- Regional Council members receive a $120 per diem stipend for attendance at SCAG-sponsored meetings or events, for a maximum of six (6) per diem stipends per month*. The SCAG President is authorized to approve two additional per diem stipends per month. Nine (9) or more per diem stipends per month require full RC approval.
- Regional Council members are eligible to be reimbursed for mileage (at the prevailing federal reimbursement rate) or public transit expenses for attendance at SCAG-sponsored meetings or events. SCAG provides validation for parking.
- Regional Council members do not receive medical, dental, life or pension benefits from SCAG.
*The maximum for Regional Council Officers is eight (8) per diem stipends per month.