The Phase 1 call for Projects focused on commercial deployment of ZE/NZE heavy- and/or medium-duty on-road trucks (including ZE/NZE equipment and supporting infrastructure). Please find more information on the program background and goals in the Last Mile Freight Program Guidelines.
Applications submitted for this project type should support the LMFP goals that are aligned with SCAG’s Accelerated Electrification strategy, which is a Key Connection outlined in Connect SoCal. All planning applications must meet the eligibility requirements as described in the LMFP Guidelines. The final deliverable for all projects must include the significant components mentioned in the application, including project summary, readiness and implementation, and cost effectiveness, among others.
Examples of eligible projects include but are not limited to the following:
- ZE/NZE Heavy/Medium Duty Vehicles: 1) Last mile delivery vehicles supporting e-commerce industries such as package/parcel deliveries to residents and businesses; 2) Last mile delivery vehicles supporting retail/wholesale trade, manufacturing, construction, and other transportation and logistics services from business to business; 3) Last mile delivery vehicles supporting major freight facilities.
- ZE/NZE Heavy/Medium Duty Equipment: 1) Trailer equipment supporting e-commerce industries, retail/wholesale trade, manufacturing, construction, and other transportation logistics services from business to business; 2) Last mile operating equipment for local delivery station, sortation, and other local facilities serving residents and businesses.
- ZE/NZE Heavy/Medium Duty Supporting Infrastructure: 1) On- or off-site fueling charging hubs or depots.
- Phase 1 Guidelines Addendum
- Program Guidelines
- Eligible Projects
- Scope of Work Sample
- Budget and Schedule Sample
- MOU Template