Housing Element Workshop: New Laws & Tools
The Housing Element Digital Workshop is a two-part series focused on providing local governments and other stakeholders in the SCAG region with information and resources to support their 6th Cycle Housing Element Updates. The workshop provided information on changes in housing element and related planning laws as well as available technical assistance offered by the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) and SCAG.
Part 1: Thursday, August 20th 2020, 1:00PM - 3:30PM
The first workshop day in this two-part series included sessions on Housing Element technical assistance and data elements offered by SCAG along with a deeper dive into HCD’s recently released Site Inventory Guidelines.
- Deeper Dive Into New Laws
- General Plan Updates: Housing, Safety, and Environmental Justice
- 6th Cycle Housing Element Updates – Data and Technical Assistance from SCAG
- Housing Planning: How can HCD help?
Part 2: Thursday, August 27th 2020, 1:00PM - 3:30PM
The second day featured a discussion on determining accessory dwelling unit capacity and affordability. The agenda also included additional housing element guidance from HCD, such as affirmatively furthering fair housing and other requirements added to state housing law since the last housing element cycle.
- Accessory Dwelling Units Presented by HCD
- 6th Cycle Housing Element Update Technical Assistance – ADU Affordability Analysis
- Sites Inventory Helpful Hints and Potential Pitfalls
For more information on SCAG’s Housing Element Support, contact:
Kevin Kane / email@example.com / (213) 236-1828